Saturday, September 16, 2017

Tiny Gift Box (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Hi there!

It's Lawn Fawn inspiration week, and today we're taking a close look at the new Tiny Gift Box die.

Tiny Gift Box (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

I love creating holiday gift packaging! These tiny boxes come together so easily, and I love that you can cut 3 boxes out of a single sheet of 8.5x11 inch cardstock. Here, I used the lighter brown woodgrain patterned paper (from the Knock On Wood Petite Paper pack) to cut all of the boxes.

I sponged all of the edges to give the box some depth.

Then, I created a 3D topper using the Christmas tree from the Winter Tiny Tags set. Here's what you'll need to make a tree of your own:

Tiny Gift Box (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

I cut 5 trees per topper, and scored each one in half. I then put adhesive on one side of each tree (the same side for all of them) and started sticking them together. Before adhering the last piece, I slid in a toothpick (I colored the part that will be showing with a copic marker) and closed up the tree.

Tiny Gift Box (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)


To hide the star cut-out and add a pop of color to the tree-top, I added a yellow star (which is super glittery in real life!)

Tiny bits of ripped up cotton balls are a sweet touch, and make the trees look like even more snowy and Christmas-y.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the LF blog this morning - click!

12 comments:

  1. This is precious, I love this as a display for decor awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just sweet Elena, what a special way to present a small gift box. ♥ that!
    Oh and speaking of packaging, did you draw yet for the Ellen Hutson's gift certificate? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took me awhile, but the winner is posted now! thanks for reminded me and for being so patient! here's the post link: http://justmeprints.blogspot.ca/2017/10/ellen-hutson-winner.html

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, these are SO cute! Love the cotton "snow" that you added. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little boxes!! Love how you made the 3D trees from the tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great things come in small packages - love these tree boxes! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea for the box die. I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww these are super cute creations! Love your creativity in added the 3D trees along with snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these little boxes, cute 3D trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Cute! I don't have the box but I will have to use the tree idea for something else :) What did you use to cut for the star?

    ReplyDelete