Monday, December 21, 2015

Holiday place-cards and a Merry Christmas!

I can't believe today is the 21st. Can you? It creeps up every year, faster than the last.

My last project before the holidays is a set of holiday place cards. I made these to decorate the kids' table for Christmas dinner.

christmas place cards

I used the Be Jolly snowman from Avery Elle, its matching die, and the smaller rectangle from the Wonky Stitches die set. I chose the snoman not only because he is adorable, but.... minimal coloring! haha. If you are pressed for time right before Christmas, a snowman is a great image to work with because you leave most of him white!

For the place cards: I first cut all of the rectangles I would need. Then, I stamped the snowman image (it comes with the snowdrifts and everything, so one stamping per place card made quick work of the entire lot!)

Then, I placed the open die over the snowman, and only ran it through the die-cutter to where the centre line would be. Then, when folded, the top of the snowman could pop up. So simple, but very fun!

To stamp all of the names, I used Elle's Alphas. As long as you draw a straight pencil line, they are easy to line up.  I like that they are small enough to use for this sort of project, but not too tiny that I am losing my mind.

christmas place cards

I hope you like them!

And, from my family to yours, have a very merry Christmas!  (photo by the amazing Tanya Zaleski.)


♥.

7 comments:

  1. Your snowman place cards are adorable!!! And what a great holiday photo!!! Your kiddos are so cute and they look like such a happy bunch!!! Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! So simple yet great for Christmas day! Love the picture of the kids! Merry Christmas you, Amar and the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place cards are adorable Elena and so are your children!
    Merry Christmas from Nova Scotia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable place cards and such beautiful children! Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas) and Aloha from Maui!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The place cards are so cute! And the photo is just perfect! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet pic of your kiddos. Love the pop up place cards. Funny I was thinking about fast tags and I had the same thought about how easy it is to colour snowmen. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete