Wednesday, July 3, 2013

an eight-year-old blog takeover.

My daughter, Sofia, has been taking advantage of my stamps lately.... when she saw the avery elle macarons, she said she had an idea right away:

I'm so proud of her for this card!  She did all of her own stamping and die-cutting, and it's the first time that she makes a card so "clean" looking!  Quick story: when the kids came to pick me up from the airport on Sunday, after my trip to Texas, they were holding flowers.  Sofia confided that she picked out the bouquet herself, and chose the smallest one (there were 3 roses and some baby's breath) because she knew I liked things "simple."  I thought that was so cute and thoughtful... and I think somehow that realization translated to her card-making!

The only thing I helped with was to draw and cut out the plate that the macarons are sitting on - she commissioned it from me :)

First time using the die-cutter herself.

First time arranging little background stamps onto a single block and stamping in a watermark ink.

First time taking a step back and deciding it was done, without going back to add a ton more elements.

My favorite part?  the glittered white icing between the strawberry macaron layers.

If you want to make her day, leave Sofia some ♥ here and I'll pass it on.



ps, my woodland party is on the lawn fawn blog this morning!


30 comments:

  1. Oh Sofia!!! I love your card!! It's Awesome!! Love the color, the design, everything is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute card, Sofia!! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...too cute! Talent runs in the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sofia this card is adorable!! I love the little plate and the strawberry macaroons! What a clever and beautiful card!! Just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Sofia! This is a great card. You and my Alyssa (age 11) should get together and stamp sometime, while your mom and I sit and chat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sofia when I first saw the card I was certain your mom had made it, you certainly inherited her great design sense. Awesome work!! We look forward to seeing more of your great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...so cute! My daughters love to craft too! Awesome job on this!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sofia's card is so sweet Andretti! Se has clearly been watching you closely! Only a matter of time before she gets her own PC happy mail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is fabulous, Sofia! I love your card!
    How fun that you can share your mom's stamps-- my Sage likes doing that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LIKE your strawberry macaroons Sofia, they look yummy! My favorite part of your card is the sparkly glitter! You did a GREAT job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! Great work Sofia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sofia!! Beautiful card! Great job, pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Sofia! Your already make amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely adorable, Sofia! You rocked it! I love the glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun card and great idea! Two cookies will help make anyone feel better. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this looks kinda like an Elena card too....its in the genes! awesome job Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the LF feature! + Sophia's card is beautiful! I'm a huge fan if simple cards--and I know it's not easy making simple yet beautiful cards. She did a superb job! Her choices of color, die cutting, and placement are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sophia~
    Love your card!
    Especially the background stamping;
    goes perfectly with the sentiment font!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sofia, you outdid yourself and made one beautiful card! It is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The card is just adorable! so nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is beautiful, Sofia! I am very impressed!The macaroons look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute card Sofia! Looks good enough to eat. Nice clean card right from the start. Congratulations on your beginning. (-:
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your card Sofia! You did such a great job with your stamping and die cutting! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well it looks like Sofia is as clever as her mummy - beautiful card, Sofia - WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your daughter takes after her mother. Such a sweet card from a talented little girl. Don't be surprised if you receive this card next time you are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sofia, I am loving your glittered icing! Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job Sofia! You're a stamping rock star just like your momma :)

    ReplyDelete