Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April showers, may flowers.

I missed the deadline for last week's Cas-ual Fridays challenge (what with all the birthday parties happening around here), but I was determined to participate this week.



So, with only a few hours left, I whipped up this sweet card:



How fun to have an excuse to play with my newest purchases: PTI's "trendy treetops" dies, and hero arts' "plano" stamp.  (And I'm still working my way through my Dear Lizzy "neopolitan" paper pack - it screams summer... le sigh.)

This card is a bit unusual for me in that there isn't a lot of stamping!  I stamped the "plano" background onto my kraft base, and also stamped a woodgrain pattern (by Clear&Simple stamps) onto my homemade washi-tape.  Apart from that, it was all patterned paper and dies.

Thanks for peeking!

10 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the layout and the paper you used it says summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were working at the same time! What a sweet card. I love those trendy trees in those soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love every detail of this project, especially the homemade washi tape - brilliant!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously GORGEOUS!! LOVE the colours and all of the wonderful elements that came together to create this amazing card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Le sigh." LOL! LOVE it!
    What a beautiful, soft card, Elena! I haven't used my dies yet.... I think your card is just the inspiration I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! love that trendy treetop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice. I love the colours you used and how you put it all together! I am liking this set more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty..love that background circle stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one, the papers and the image go lovely together!

    ReplyDelete