Friday, March 2, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays: oh baby!

I feel like I'm making an awful lot of baby cards & stuff lately, so what's a few more *wink.*

When I saw the CAS-ual Fridays challenge, my first thought was: darn, I just posted a baby card yesterday!  haha.  But I do know of a few more pregnant friends who will be needing cards, so...



I made a girl/boy mix :)



I used PTI's "distressed stripes" for this super-simple baby card.  I stamped 1 of the stripes repeatedly over the front in SU's pool party ink.  The sentiment was created using a lawn fawn alpha set.  I textured the focal mat using PTI's linen+canvas impression plate (the canvas side).  I think it adds a nice touch, echoing the distressed nature of the stripes...


I love how the girl version turned out!  I stamped b-a-b-y (using lawn fawn's "quinn's abcs") and then created masks for each of the letters.  Using images from "blissful botanicals," I stamped a little floral and butterfly scene.  After removing the masks, I colored everything in quickly with copics (I love how I always say "quickly" about my copic coloring - because that's really all I know how to do!) and gave it some texture with the same PTI impression plate (the linen side on this card).

Thanks for peeking!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, these are both wonderful, Elena! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this plate (supposedly) on its way to me, and seeing your cards makes me *itch* to put it to work!!

    These are awesome cards.... even though your colouring is understated, it's PERFECT. I think a lot of shading and fuss would have been too heavy. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I especially love your striped card - so sweet!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards !..Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really sweet cards!! i need that impression plate, but i never catch it in stock:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards. Great masking work there, Elena! The boy card is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Elena. I love the stripes on the Boy card. And I think your coloring is great on the second. Not too much, it's very subtle and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are definitely clean and pretty! I love that neat floral baby stamp on the girl card and the cute sentiment on the boy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elena, you do the most beautiful work :) Wonderful baby cards!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Your staming is amazing - I could never mask like that - this is so beautiful - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. why do I always proof read AFTER I've pressed the publish button??? stamPing! Hugs K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness--I love them both. They are equally sweet, and both winners, in my book. I am wondering what you use for your masking, oh queen of the mask?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elena this is as sweet as can be!!

    ReplyDelete