Friday, February 10, 2012

PTI anniversary sketch challenge, take 2.

*** for a chance at a gift certificate, click here ***



I couldn't help sneaking in one more card for today... the sketch (above) is so dainty and sweet, it begged for some frilly girlishness...

I started out with a berry sorbet card base (and by the way, this was my first order EVAH for PTI colored cardstock - love them, and would order more if it wasn't so costly for International orders!), and adhered a mat of "dearest jane" patterned paper.  The fancy flourishes were cut out of spring moss paper and stamped with versamark ink.  The new oval dies created the perfect backdrop for a subtle sihouette (from "simply jane".)  I brought in a lighter pink with the flowers (using an old SU! punch) and prettied them up with pearl centers.


Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love how you pulled all these elements together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you've done with both sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty. Now I see why everyone wanted the flourishes dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!

    I do just use the lens that came with my camera - I won't let myself buy a new one until I can use the thing on manual settings!! So I think it's the 18-55mm? I just zoom in as far as I can while making sure at least most of the card is in my shot, so I get some decent aperture.

    Hope that helps!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lov you take on the sketch. That silhouette is so pretty and that text background is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete