Friday, February 3, 2012

My happy.

After the messy desk fiasco that came with making *this* card, I felt the need to scale back a bit...


One set.

It came in the mail earlier this week, and I just wanted to play.  I stamped the line pattern in SU's peach parfait ink, and rested the bird's branch right at the top.  The sentiment was stamped right under the bird's "squawk" lines, since he's doing the talking for me...

I then grabbed my post-it notes, stamped the sentiment again, and cut it out to create a mask.  I also masked the peach pattern under the bird before stamping the frame in aqua mist ink (PTI).  I did a quick coloring of the bird and flowers with copics, and added some glossy accents to the little flower-buds.


I know I do alot of masking, but honestly - it's such an easy technique, and there's a "how'd you do that" factor to it - I'm in it for the glory, don't you know.

The grid pattern is from a studio calico mini paper pack - I wish half the pack were this pattern!  It was hard to cut it up and use it on a card.... oh, those crafty-hoarding-tendencies...

BUT, I did use up a flower gem! yay me!  Isn't pretty?  It's SU, and I love it.

I'm entering this bad boy into the "animal antics" challenge over at the Simon Say Stamp blog.


Here's wishing all of you an amazing weekend!

7 comments:

  1. so serene and beautiful! love all of the little elements, patterns, and chosen colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. You are the queen of masking. I'm trying to do more of it--you're right, it's not that hard. I just made a 6 card set yesterday--simple and quick, and masked on every card. You'd be proud. I love that little bird singing his happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm in it for the glory don't you know." Ha! THIS card is so, SO wonderful! I really love it - belongs in a cherished spot. HUGS, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful! I love all the masking you do. I still can't believe I haven't even tried it yet. You do a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the design! Very elegant!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful and unique
    I love your sense for details ;-)

    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS! I like the feeling of dimension the chevron pattern gives to this! Cute bird too : )

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete