Wednesday, February 22, 2012

CAS-ual fridays: ribbon

Hi peeps!

This is my 3rd day of keeping all the kids at home... on the up side, everyone is starting to feel better... but I didn't want a repeat of yesterday, where Sofia lost her breakfast on the school bus riding into school.  Poor kid. And also, I felt like parent-of-the-year.  Whoever had to clean the bus probably thought so too...

Onto the crafting.

I thought I'd throw my hat in the CAS-ual Fridays ring.  I'm not much of a ribbon gal - I mean, I hoard the stuff, but just don't use it much.  But as I watched a PVR-d episode of Top Chef, I decided I meant ribbon-business.  I present to you: ribbon, 3 ways.


1. I cut out a cardboard ring (using circle punches) and wrapped green ribbon around the entire thing.
2. A huge, floppy, gauzy bow at the top.
3. Pom-pom ribbon trim, rolled into a makeshift flower.

BAM.

Ribbon challenge, accepted.  and served.

13 comments:

  1. beautiful card! I think we've all been there with the sick kid & feeling terrible about it....I once took my little one to the credit union even though I knew he wasn't feeling great, and he did you-know-what right in front of the counter! They still comment on it when I come in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card using ribbon!!!

    Hope your kids feel better soon!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I love how you have wrapped the ribbon round the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, I have some of that pom pom trim, but haven't used it. i could never seem to make it work on a card. But now I can see many pom pom flowers in my future!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Such a creative and unique take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful ribbon wreath!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! You rocked the ribbon challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--way to go with the ribbon challenge. I love your three creative ways to use it. Hope your household is feeling healthier by the time you read this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! The ribbon wreath with the flowers and extras plus that big bow equals one amazing card :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I love the ribbon wrapped wreath with that big beautiful bow! And that pom pom "flower" is unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ribbon. You've ROCKED it! :)
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete