Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Play date cafe challenge #103

Here are the challenge colors and inspiration board for the new PDCC:


Am I the only one who looked at the inspiration photos and thought "mmmm.... tangerines...." hee hee!

Full disclosure: I *apparently* find it much easier to work with a sketch, rather than colors.  But that's why it's called a challenge, right?  My card went through a few incarnations before turning into this beauty:


You know when you work hard for something?  I hustled for this card, and I love it.

I started out with a piece of white cardstock, and stamped rows of the camera image from amy tangerine's "lovestruck" set to make my patterned paper.  The hearts all got colored with a navy marker.



Next, on the polaroid image (from lawn fawn's "say cheese"), I masked the white surround so that I could stamp inside the picture area.  I first stamped the hero arts clouds background (in stormy sky distress ink) and then stamped over that with SU's "good grid" in basic grey ink.

The polaroid camera was stamped onto basic grey paper, and given some dabs of color.  I also put some glossy accent on the lens area.  See how it shines?



The sentiment was created with lawn fawn's "smitty's abcs" set, and the faux-washi tape was made using PTI's  tutorial - seriously, if you haven't checked that out, do so.  Here's a link to the card I made for that week's challenge (which links back to their tutorial).

I hope you like this card as much as I do!  Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. super cute, LOVE all the cameras! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love the two different types of cameras, and the polaroid of the clouds. Super interpretation of a difficult color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really tried a sketch for making a card before.... but I know for scrapbooking, I prefer sketches to colour challenges.
    I love your card, Elena, especially the camera background-- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love this!! Fantastic job with the colors and it's just outstanding!! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO!!! I'm digging the camera's on this one. Such a super cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete