Wednesday, June 1, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays... better late than never!

I'm just getting the hang of this whole blogging-experience... there are so many different challenges, color-inspirations, company contests - it's hard to know where to begin!

I started this blog because

a.  I desperately wanted someone other than my husband to validate my work (hee hee)
b.  I needed a showcase for my style to show clients as part of the JustMePrints business I share with my sister (click here to check us out!)
c.  I wanted to enter a PTI challenge.

But some of the other challenges look like fun too!  And I want in :)


I like to think of myself as mostly a CAS girl (that's "clean-and-simple" for any non-crafters *coughhusbandcough* reading this blog) so this one's right up my alley!

The only graduate I have in my home is a pint-sized one.  My little Sofia is 3 weeks shy of completing her kindergarten year - the time has just flown by!  I'm so excited to give her this card:

you did it!


It was an excuse to break open my new Lawn Fawn sets.  I created the background with the new "schoolhouse backdrops" set and then stamped the large sentiment with "Quinn's ABCs".  The apple is from Paper Smooches' "falling for you" - I stamped it on SU designer paper and cut an opening to make way for a little sentiment from PTI's "way to go, kiddo".


I couldn't help but stick a bit of bling to the bottom of the card - she's such a girly-girl.  The bling was completely necessary *wink*

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. I think this card is soooo cute! Love the lined paper and the bit of bling :) It all fits perfectly with the sweet little apple sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! And I have a Sofia, too, although still in preschool. But she would love a card like this. Congrats to your little (not so little anymore) one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! Your card make me want to go back to kindergarten....(well, almost!). I love your use of the line paper, apple image, and bright and cheery colors! Welcome to blogging...you are going to LOVE it! I can see that this place is going to be FUN! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, I just love those Lawn Fawn stamps too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet and perfect for your little kindergardener! Your blog is great. You write well, and take clean crisp photos...so glad I found you! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week! I hope you return each week for more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the notebook paper, the paper piecing and the pop of color it provides. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card!!! Love the apple. My son is finishing up kindergarten,too! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stinkin' cute! And I'm so glad that you decided to jump into the challenge pool - we love new players, especially talented ones such as yourself! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooo CUTE!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just perfect for that age! Love what you did with that Paper Smooches apple on the lined paper. Simply adorable :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable and you have a great flair for CAS style. Welcome to blog land! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete